Bingo





 🎱 Bingo Girl


Sgt. Salty, Govna & Senior Miguel’s Night Out


It was one of those evenings when Sgt. Salty, Govna and Senior Miguel decided that the only sensible thing to do was head out for a few drinks.


“Just a quiet couple,” said Govna.


Salty looked at him suspiciously.


“Whenever you say a quiet couple, Govna, something usually ends up on fire.”


Senior Miguel nodded thoughtfully.


“Or in the river.”


“That happened once!” protested Govna.


“Twice,” said Salty.


“Three times,” added Miguel.


And with that, the three lads headed into town.


They found a lively pub, grabbed a table and ordered the first round. The atmosphere was buzzing, the music was playing and, most importantly, there was a bingo night happening in the function room.


Salty's eyes lit up.


“Gentlemen…”


Govna sighed.


“Oh no.”


“I haven't said anything yet.”


“You've got that look.”


“What look?”


“The Salty has spotted a woman look.”


Salty turned around.


And there she was.


Bingo Girl.


She was sitting near the bingo caller, looking absolutely stunning, with a lovely smile and the kind of presence that made Salty forget what number he'd been looking for.


Senior Miguel leaned across the table.


“Salty, you are staring.”


“I am not staring.”


“You haven't blinked in thirty seconds.”


Salty straightened himself up.


“Gentlemen, tonight we play bingo.”


Govna grinned.


“And apparently Salty has already won.”


The bingo caller tapped the microphone.


“Eyes down, everyone!”


The room went quiet.


“Number seven!”


Salty whispered, “Seven.”


Govna looked at him.


“What?”


“Seven. Lucky number.”


The caller continued.


“Number B-12!”


Salty looked across at Bingo Girl.


“B for…”


Govna interrupted.


“Don't.”


“Beautiful.”


Senior Miguel burst out laughing.


“Salty, she's sitting three tables away!”


“I know. I'm complimenting her from a respectful distance.”


The caller continued.


“Number I-18!”


Salty nodded.


“I… interesting.”


Govna raised an eyebrow.


“Interesting?”


“I'm working through the alphabet.”


“That's not how bingo works.”


Salty wasn't listening.


The next number came out.


“Number N-31!”


Salty smiled.


“N for nice.”


Govna shook his head.


“This is going downhill rapidly.”


Senior Miguel was now thoroughly entertained.


“Let him continue.”


The caller shouted:


“Number G-52!”


Salty leaned back triumphantly.


“G for gorgeous.”


At that exact moment, Bingo Girl looked over.


She caught Salty's eye.


She smiled.


Salty nearly fell off his chair.


Govna slapped the table.


“She heard you!”


Salty attempted to regain his composure.


“Gentlemen, remain calm.”


“You're bright red.”


“I am perfectly composed.”


Senior Miguel pointed at Salty's bingo card.


“You've marked the same number four times.”


Salty looked down.


“That's… tactical.”


The caller continued.


“Number O-67!”


Salty looked at Bingo Girl again.


“O for outstanding.”


She laughed.


Now Govna was getting involved.


“Come on, Salty. You've started something now.”


He picked up his bingo card.


“B for beautiful…”


Senior Miguel continued.


“I for incredible…”


Govna added:


“N for nice…”


Salty finished:


“G for gorgeous…”


They all looked at the final letter.


“O for…”


Senior Miguel grinned.


“Obviously Salty's in trouble.”


The three lads burst out laughing.


Bingo Girl walked over.


“Well, gentlemen,” she said, “are you actually playing bingo or just making up compliments?”


Salty stood up.


“I'm Sgt. Salty.”


“I gathered.”


“This is Govna.”


“Hello.”


“And Senior Miguel.”


“Pleased to meet you.”


Bingo Girl smiled.


“And what exactly is your bingo strategy?”


Salty held up his card.


“Simple. Every number has a meaning.”


“Oh really?”


“Absolutely.”


She sat down beside them.


“Go on then.”


Salty cleared his throat.


“B for beautiful.”


She smiled.


“I'll allow that one.”


“I for intelligent.”


“Very good.”


“N for nice.”


“That's better.”


“G for gorgeous.”


She laughed.


“And O?”


Salty paused.


Govna whispered, “Careful.”


Salty smiled.


“O for… outstanding company.”


Bingo Girl nodded.


“Much better.”


Senior Miguel raised his glass.


“To outstanding company!”


“Cheers!”


The drinks were raised.


Before long, the bingo game became secondary entertainment.


The caller shouted numbers while the table became a comedy show.


“B-9!”


Salty looked at Bingo Girl.


“B for brilliant.”


“That's not what B stands for!”


“It does tonight.”


“I-22!”


“I for impressive.”


“N-40!”


“N for never a dull moment.”


“G-55!”


“G for great smile.”


“O-70!”


“O for one more drink!”


Govna immediately raised his hand.


“I support that one!”


Another round arrived.


The atmosphere became even livelier.


Eventually the caller shouted:


“FULL HOUSE!”


The room erupted.


Bingo Girl jumped up.


“I've got it!”


Salty stood up too.


“Congratulations!”


She smiled.


“Thanks, Salty.”


He grinned.


“You know, I've always believed bingo brings people together.”


Govna whispered to Miguel.


“He's laying it on thick now.”


Miguel nodded.


“Very thick.”


Bingo Girl looked at Salty.


“So, Sgt. Salty, are you always this cheeky?”


Salty smiled.


“Only when the numbers are right.”


She laughed.


“That's terrible.”


“But you laughed.”


“I did.”


“Then it worked.”


By closing time, the four of them were still laughing.


Govna checked his watch.


“Gentlemen, we should probably head home.”


Senior Miguel nodded.


“Probably.”


Salty looked at Bingo Girl.


“Will we see you again?”


She smiled.


“Maybe.”


Salty grinned.


“Then I'll be back next bingo night.”


Govna shook his head.


“You've never been to bingo in your life!”


Salty put an arm around him.


“I have now.”


As they walked out into the cool night air, Senior Miguel looked at Salty.


“So, what did you think of Bingo Girl?”


Salty smiled.


“Beautiful, intelligent, nice, gorgeous…”


Govna interrupted.


“You forgot one.”


“What?”


“Expensive.”


Salty looked confused.


“Why?”


“Because you've bought her three drinks.”


Senior Miguel burst out laughing.


Salty stopped walking.


“Gentlemen…”


“What?”


“I think I've just been bingo'd.”


And the three lads disappeared into the night laughing, already planning their next adventure.


One thing was certain:


Bingo Girl had definitely called Salty's number. 🎱😂🍻

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another Walshyy birthday 2026

Chapter 5 — Private Lucy Reports for Duty

Gardaí and Army Bomb Disposal Called to Malahide Home